247compliance is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.5 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
The DOL Overtime Regulations has now passed!
DOL's New Overtime Rule: Effective in 2020. Began January 1, 2020, Employers will have to comply with a new overtime rule, estimated to affect 1.3 million workers. The new rule requires that exempt salaried employees must be paid at least $684 per week, or $35,568 annually.
The regulation increases the total annual compensation requirement for “highly compensated employees” (HCE) from the currently enforced level of $100,000 to $107,414 per year.
Allowing employers to use nondiscretionary bonuses and incentive payments (including commissions) that are paid annually or more frequently to satisfy up to 10 percent of the standard salary level.
This new federal overtime regulation that could make over a million more Americans eligible for overtime—which might mean a steep hike in costs for employers. This will be effective in 2020 but Employers must be ready to be compliant now. It is critical to prepare now for this regulation which could take the form of changing employee status from Exempt to Non-Exempt which can impact staff morale and confusion. Ensure that a communication plan be in place before changes are made.
• Learn how to mitigate the overtime regulation
• Learn how to prepare to be compliant with Overtime changes
• Learn how to communicate changes to employees
• Learn what constitutes violations
• Learn how to conduct an internal audit to ensure compliance
• What does the DOL have planned to ensure compliance with the new overtime regulations?
• What states have different overtime regulations?
• How is it different from the previous overtime regulations?
• Learn how the DOL new Violation focus is Off the Clock work as part of their new initiative.
• How can Employers mitigate the new regulations if their budget is impacted?
• What companies are impacted by the changes?
• How are Non-Exempt employees impacted by the change?
• Is the new ruling expected to change the DOL definitions?
• What does the DOL New Ruling change the Highly compensated employees?
• What changes do Employers need to prepare before the new ruling is effective?
• How can Employers communicate the changes to employees?
• What financial impact will Employers have when changes are made?
• Penalties and Fines if ruling is violated.
• Senior Management
• HR Managers & Generalists
• Managers & Supervisors
• Compensation & Payroll Professionals
• Operations Professionals
• Human Resources professionals
• Compliance professionals
• Business owners
• Professionals who handle employee relations issues
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for a defense contracting technologies firm, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural. Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives like International Privacy Issues, Drafting & Implementing policies, Reviewing and Amending Global Employment Policies, Cross-Border Reductions in Force and Restructurings, Multi-jurisdictional employee investigations, Immigration, Global Diversity Programs, Expatriate Legal Issues and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).