In this webinar, participants will learn how to be in compliance with wage and hour laws from a Federal, state and government contracting basis.
Penalties for non-compliance include up to three years of back pay to employees who were paid incorrectly.
It will also give you an update on the most recent State Regulations on Wage and Hour issues.
Why Should You Attend?
- Gain an understanding of the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Know the White-Collar Exemptions and how they are determined
- Determining other exemptions and overtime calculations
- Correctly calculating overtime pay for employees who receive commissions, production bonuses and shift differential
- Know the minimum wage in areas in which your organization operates
- When to pay for training, travel time, meal breaks or employees on-call
- Get an update on various State Regulations
- The Primary Provisions of the Federal Labor Standards Act
- Tests to Determine if a Position Qualifies for a White Collar Exemption
- Other Exemptions Your Organization May Want to Consider
- Computing overtime pay for multiple pay rates
- Treatment of Meal Breaks, Travel, Training and Time Spent On-Call
- Minimum Wage Requirements by State and Contract
- Record keeping and Posting Requirements
- What's Going to Get You in Trouble?
- Action Items
Who will benefit?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Business Owners
- Anyone who Manages
- Supervises others
Bob McKenzie has over 40 years of human resources management experience. His background includes a wide range of hands-on experience in all HR practices.Bob has been cited in a number of Human Resources trade publications. Among them are HR.com, HR Magazine, HR Florida Review, Vault.com, BNA and the Institute of Management and Administration and the Business Journals. He has been a speaker at a number of conferences as well as audio and web-based seminars.Bob recently received two prestigious awards for his service to the community and his profession. Entrepreneurial Anchor Magazine presented him with the “Man of Steel” award for …