Bad attitudes, jealousy, and disruptive behavior will sabotage your organization's morale, lower self-esteem, and reduce teamwork and productivity. When toxic behavior infects a department, managers may be tempted to ignore it or give in, the wrong thing to do, but tolerating it is not a solution! This session will show you how to neutralize gossip and put a system in place to ensure it does not re-occur, starting with that of Zero Tolerance and workplace reprimands. The destructive effects of blaming others, griping, pessimism, and always passing the buck need to be stopped. In this session, you will learn to keep emotional control and tame disruptive and destructive behavior.
One of the worse things that a workplace can have is a negative environment. The webinar focuses on how to handle negativity among employees and exercise your power to promote trust, engagement, and creativity and improve the overall working environment.
Why Should You Attend?
What happened to respect? Rude, indifferent, emotionally troubled, over-worked, and dis-engaged employees do more harm to your business and employee productivity than you can afford. A workplace culture of tolerating a bad attitude by one or more employees is not acceptable. A lot of times, the cause of the employee attitude is generated from how they are treated at work, a seeming lack of respect for them. Is it you or is it them that is the problem? When you fully exercise your position power, you will dramatically improve the strained relationship and drive up their power.
Respect comes from knowing the person and this session is how to find out what matters, drives and engages them. When you have a language of caring, you create respect. This session is how to change the viewing of this person and their behavior to move them to be solution orientated. Respect drives up trust, engagement, and creativity. When you move from cautious and superficial small talk to deal with the issue by a language of caring and a blameless apology, you go from a response of: “I thought you would never ask” to “Thank you, let’s clear this up.”
- How managers inadvertently reward negative and destructive behaviors?
- The steps you need to act on to keep total control of the situation
- The four types of problem employees there can be and how they become a problem
- How to turn around the gossip, gab, and the grapevine to create more empowered employees?
- How to tell when someone is lying to you and how to confront them on it?
- When to focus on the behavior you see and not the attitude behind it?
- How to identify all the forms of bullying there are that you need to control?
- Learn which topics should not be talked about at work
- How to stop the rumor mill before it gets started with a policy of transparency?
- Why do people want to ‘push your buttons’ by their off-side or inappropriate comments?
- The D.I.S.C. personality profile – that teaches how people do what they do good or bad
- How to control the unwritten rules of the office that becomes the negative culture to discipline?
- How to adopt great techniques to use when employees blame others or deny responsibility?
Who will benefit?
- Several will be offered at the conclusion of the session from
- e-books to articles on conflict resolution and engagement.
This webinar is perfect for anyone who has a disruptive company culture of harassment, gossip, bullying or toxic behavior.
Bonus: Complimentary Resources
Bruce Lee has been educating and inspiring audiences with practical and proven information they can immediately implement into the personal and professional lives and for improved business growth or efficiency. A varied business and leadership background provides him proven experience that clients can relate to. The solid business background from a good cross section of industry includes: Charter Bank branch management, with special projects assigned from time to time of mortgage lending departments and seasonal savings bond drives,Manager / Resident Representative for the VISA credit card Division of a legacy Bank, in charge of the entire Province of Alberta Senior marketing representative …