Get The Freedom To Choose Our Compliance Webinar At A Discount. Use Promo Code JULY04 To Get 10% Off. Limited Period Offer.
The impact of the Tax Cuts and Job Act of 2018 (TCJA) will have varying effects on business owners and other individuals at year end. What has not been discussed related to TCJA are the explicit planning opportunities that exist for some business owners. This workshop takes a look at some overlooked tax breaks that present unique planning considerations.
• Business restructuring to take advantage of graduated tax rates
• Comparison between 2018 and 2017 tax rates for businesses, individuals and trusts.
• Review of 30 major tax changes in 2018 which affect both business and individuals.
• New Section 1031 Like-kind Exchange rules
• New rules related to unreimbursed employee business deductions
• Survival of the specific identification stock matching.
• Inherent tax breaks advantages of captive business insurance
This topic is important to business owners and other individuals because it provides information to assist in 2018 income tax planning for investments, operating budgets and after tax ROI.
• Obtain a comprehensive understanding of 30 major tax changes in 2018 that will affect most taxpayers.
• Identify ways to use certain TCJ provisions for the purpose of reducing taxable income.
• Review ways to plan against the loss of certain tax benefits.
• Review ways to transition tax laws into tax strategies.
• Gain an understanding of the tax advantages of investing in business insurance for closely held companies
• Discover a method of unlocking tax deferred losses in stock wash sale transactions
• Medical professionals, partners and owners
• Health professionals, partners and owners
• Investment representative, financial representative, insurance broker, real estate broker
• Controllers, accounting managers, accounting supervisors of companies and corporations
• President, Vice President of Finance and financial managers of businesses and corporations
• Treasurers of businesses and corporations
• Self- employed business owners, independent contractors
Mr. E. Pete Lewis is a principal at Lewis & Associates Tax Planning, Inc., (LATP) in St. Charles, Illinois. He is a CPA and Enrolled Agent Admitted to Practice Before the IRS. He organized LATP in 2008 after spending 30 years working in tax management positions for Chicago area law firms, public accounting firms and corporations. Mr. Lewis is also an Adjunct Professor at DePaul University’s School of New Learning and University of Phoenix Business School, Chicago on-ground campus. LATP provides tax planning, compliance, IRS debt resolution and audit representation before federal and state tax authorities.