The current technology-driven turbulent business environment presents many challenges to business professionals. One primary challenge is the ability to predict and plan for the future which is unexpectedly unpredictable. Changes are constant. Companies struggle constantly to find ways to manage resources and find ways to thrive and survive in this turbulent business environment. Traditional budgeting has been overtaken by these constantly changing events and is currently outdated and irrelevant for the following reasons:
- Too time-consuming
- Based on invalid assumptions
- Focuses on past events not future possibilities
- Creates a "use it or lose it" mentality
- Restricts creative thinking in resource management
- Using Key Business Drivers & Cash to influence & impact the future
- Why Rolling Forecasts are critical in today’s turbulent environment
- Definition of Key Business Drivers as the basis for rolling forecasts
- The relevance of cash as a Key Business Driver
- The Five Core Components of Rolling Forecasts
- The use of technology in developing & implementing Rolling Forecasts
- Simple Techniques to make it happen
- Simple samples and exercises to reinforce teaching points
- Using “What if” analogies to validate forecasts
- Benefits of Rolling Forecasts
- Pitfalls to prevent
- Selling the culture changes to make rolling forecasts acceptable
Rolling forecasts are the wave of the future. They are rapidly replacing traditional budgeting. This webinar outlines the critical differences and advantages of Rolling Forecasts over traditional budgeting. It challenges personnel responsible for managing resources to think outside the box and embrace the advantages of Rolling Forecasts.
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Cost Center Managers and any position responsible for the management of resources
- Accounting Managers
- Chief Accountants
- Finance & Budget Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- VP Finance
- Operation and Production Managers
Carl Young is an Author, Speaker, Trainer, Consultant, and
Coach. He holds a MBA and completed graduate studies in Accounting and Taxation. He is a former CFO of a 275M, high growth technology based company. He has over 25 years of senior level business management experience. In addition, he has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management. Former CEO of his own small parts manufacturing company as well as former Senior Financial Associate of major consulting firm.
Carl is a member of the following organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
An engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.
View all trainings by this speaker