247compliance is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
In a 24/7 always on, TNT – Time-Numbers-Technology – Driven-Distracted World, filled with change and uncertainty, to build personal-professional resilience we need a daily dose of “L & L” – “Let go and Laugh” as much as periodic “R & R” – “Rest and Recreation.” The Stress Doc ™ illuminates the “Healing and Harmonizing Power of a Motivational Psycho-humorist.” (And you decide where the emphasis on this word should go. Laugh while you rapidly identify stress “smoke signals” and see yourself in the burnout battlefront stages; nod while grasping the research-based Four “C”s of Psychological Hardiness; discover an exercise playfully disarming power struggles, while learning to ask courageous good questions and building trust. Grasp the 8 “F”s for managing loss and change. Discover the Doc’s “5 Ps of Passion Power: Model & Method” for inspiring creativity and leadership. Learn how to apply the Doc’s acclaimed 3-D – Discussion-Drawing-Diversity – Team & Community Building Exercise. Learn ten structures and strategies for building more diverse-inclusive-participatory teams. Finally, glean the power of sharing playful and powerful stories to break down status barriers and generate camaraderie. Create a more equal “helmets off” and “we’re all in this together” atmosphere and culture.
• Rapidly discover stress smoke signals along with the Four Stages of Burnout
• Discover “The Six ‘R’s of Burnout Recovery and manage transitional challenges through research-based “Psychological Hardiness”
• Discover the creative and new vision potential in “letting go” and “The Eight ‘F’s for Managing Loss and Change”
• Learning how to say “No” constructively with colleagues and “higher ups”
• Disarm and defuse power struggles by asking courageous “good questions” and using affirming “I” messages while reducing status tensions and learning to build trust
• Discover the Stress Doc’s dynamic communication-creative problem-solving & leadership matrix: The Five “P” Model of “Passion Power” – being Purposeful-Provocative-Passionate-Playful-Philosophical
• Discover team exercises, structures and strategies for managing stress, enhancing team inclusion-participation and collaborative problem-solving
• Closing tips and techniques for humor, Natural SPEED, and Brain Agility along with the Doc’s acclaimed “Shrink Rap” ™.
This training is for anyone realizing that in times of rapid change and uncertainty personal resilience and healing/harmonizing humor in the face of stress, loss, and change certainly influences determines emotional well-being . In addition, these performance and productivity resources impact our capacity to empathize, connect, and productively partner with others. And both personal and interpersonal dynamics impact the productive, supportive, and collaborative potential of work groups and teams.
• Stress Smoke Signals
• Burnout Stages
• Psychological Hardiness
• Burnout Recovery
• Learning to Let Go and “The Vital Lesson of the Four “R”s”
• Dealing with Loss and Change
• Learning How to Say “No”
• Constructively Disarming Power Struggles
• The Communication-Creative Problem-Solving Matrix of Passion Power
• Develop and Applying Stress Resilience and Collaborative Team-Building Exercises
• Closing Tips on Humor and Natural SPEED
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, "The Stress Doc" ™, a nationally acclaimed speaker, writer, and "Psychohumorist" ™, is a founding partner and Stress Resilience and Trauma Debriefing Consultant for the Nepali Diaspora Behavioral Health & Wellness Initiative. Current 247Compliance/Ijona Skills Training Expert; also,Leadership Coach/Training Consultant for the international Embry-Riddle Aeronautics University at the Daytona, FL headquarters. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service, he has led numerous Pre-Deployment Stress Resilience-Humor-Team Building Retreats for the US Army. Mark also has extensive experience as a Critical Incident Consultant. The Doc is the author of Practice Safe Stress, The Four Faces of Anger, and Preserving Human Touch in a High-Tech World. Mark’s award-winning, USA Today Online "HotSite" – www.stressdoc.com – was called a "workplace resource" by National Public Radio (NPR).