This webinar will cover all of the payroll-related changed due to COVID-19. Those changes include the Employee Retention Credit and Families First Coronavirus Response Act, deferral of employee- and employer-side Social Security tax, plus changes to Form 941. These topics change as new laws come from Congress and new guidance comes from the IRS. This webinar will be up-to-the-minute with the latest guidance.
- Employee Retention Credit Changes — major expansion for 2021, and possible retroactive claims for 2020
- Mandatory sick leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Presidential Memorandum deferral of employee-side Social Security tax
- CARES Act deferral of employer-side Social Security tax
- Form 7200 for advance credit claims
- Form 941 changes
- Using Form 941-X for retroactive claims of credits
- Recent legislative updates
Why Should You Attend?
COVID-19 has created new payroll obligations, and potential new tax credits, for 2021. This webinar will cover those changes, plus we will review the Form 941 to see how it has changed.
Who will benefit?
- Business owners
- Office managers
Jason Dinesen is the President of Dinesen Tax & Accounting, P.C., a public accounting firm in Indianola, Iowa. His practice focuses on accounting and bookkeeping services, tax preparation and business advising to individuals with a business focus ranging from home-based businesses to multistate corporations and not-for-profits. Dinesen has extensive experience working with a third-party administrator of retirement plans and is a prior presenter of multiple 1099 seminars. Dinesen majored in corporate communications with a minor in management from Simpson College