With SDA fully implemented and due to a recently approved amendment to the Rules, SDA is expanding with a third window for processing SDA transactions and the dollar limit is increasing for a single SDA transaction. History for Same Day ACH (SDA); it was implemented in three phases, beginning Sept of 2016 and ending in March 2018.
With this new option in the ACH Network, it gave the Originator and ODFI an opportunity to send and settle payments on the same day for a small fee. The newly approved amendments to the Rules impact Originators, ODFI’s, and RDFI’s – this session will outline the benefits (possibilities) and impacts that these changes bring to ACH operations (processing).
- Describe the changes with SDA in 2020 and 2021
- Outline potential changes and opportunities for the Originator and the ODFI
- Identify the added responsibilities for the RDFI when receiving SDA Entries
- List the benefits for Originators and ODFI’s with the addition of a third processing window
- Define the funds' availability requirements for the RDFI when receiving SDA Entries
- Provide suggestions on procedure changes needed to be based on these new Rule changes
Why Should You Attend?
Recently approved amendments to the NACHA Operating Rules are expanding Same Day ACH by adding an additional window in which Same Day ACH (SDA) Entries can be transmitted, so what does this mean for the ACH network and the participants? This session will outline the upcoming changes and identify the impacts for the Originator, the ODFI, and the RDFI. Another change taking place with the Rules is to increase the dollar limit on a single SDA Entry from $25,000 to $100,000; this will affect the network by adding more Entries (most likely B2B payments) into the network.
Discussion during this session will include the impacts on the business and electronic payments going forward and how participants can take advantage of this change and benefit from making this a service available to their business customers. In addition, for the RDFI, details on how the change to the fund's availability (already in effect) for both SDA and non-SDA entries will affect posting and making funds available and ensuring compliance with the changes to the NACHA Operating Rules.
- Outline the timing with adding the third processing window for SDA Entries
- Identify the impacts to the participants with this new amendment on expanding SDA
- List the possibilities that become available with the increase in dollar limit for a single SDA Entry
- Define the process involved with adding an additional processing window for SDA when it comes to procedures, more possibilities and Rules compliance
- Provide timing for the RDFI to follow with the “faster” funds available for both SDA and non-SDA Entries with this recently adopted Rules change
- Describe the potential impact to exception processing with the changes to Same Day ACH
Who will benefit?
- ACH Operations staff (new and seasoned professionals)
- Banking Operations Managers and Staff
- Compliance and Risk Professionals
- Treasury Management Professionals
- Aspiring and Current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
- Originating Companies (Business Owners)
- Banking Managers/Supervisors
- ACH Audit Personnel
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. Donna is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing specifically ACH electronic payments, then scheduling the training events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences). Donna has over 24 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience …