The ACH fundamentals aren’t so simple anymore. With Same Day ACH, there are options. In this training session, we will help attendees identify what is ACH network and examples of ACH electronic payments. The details for each of the five basic participants and the role they play during an ACH transaction will be discussed. Along with an extensive demonstration of the settlement process for both the “legacy ACH” and “Same Day ACH” processes, as there are differences. We will also cover the different types of ACH payments including the difference between a debit and a credit ACH transaction. This is a must-attend session. The ACH Network is not your same old network – it’s changed, there are now options and new opportunities.
- Identify what is the ACH network and examples of ACH electronic payments
- List the five basic participants in each electronic ACH transaction
- Outline the roles each participant plays in the processing of ACH electronic payments
- Define the basic legal framework of the ACH network
- Illustrate the most common types of payments that flow through the ACH network
- Describe the settlement process for both the “Legacy ACH” and the Same Day ACH” processes
- Define the different types of payments in ACH and the differences between a debit and credit ACH transaction
Why Should You Attend?
In the financial services industry, there is constant turnover and training new employees on the basics of ACH electronic payments can be difficult and time-consuming. Perhaps you have staff that have been working in ACH for some time, come to work every day, follow a checklist, but have no idea what or how the ACH payments get processed. For these employees and others whose responsibilities pertain to ACH payments, this webinar will provide the basis of how ACH payments work.
With the implementation of Same Day ACH, there are now options when sending ACH transactions and the settlement and funds availability has changed as well. Even if you thought you knew the ACH Network basics, this session will outline how it has changed since the implementation of Same Day ACH.
What are ACH payments, how do they work and what does that mean to a financial institution and its customers – are a few questions that will be answered during this introduction to ACH payment processing. In this 90-minute information-filled session, attendees will discover the fundamentals of how ACH electronic payments work and the roles that each participant in the ACH network plays to make ACH payments effective, efficient and inexpensive.
- The ACH network – a brief history
- Five basic participants and their roles and responsibilities in the ACH network
- Common types of ACH payments – to identify how ACH payments are used everyday
- Identify the difference between a debit and credit transaction
- Illustrate the flow of ACH transactions among the basic five participants
- Definitions of terms and acronyms used in the ACH network
- How settlement works with the processing of ACH transactions
- Details on how Same Day ACH s changing the way the ACH Network processes transactions
Who will benefit?
- Financial Institutions
- ACH Operations Departments
- Audit Departments (within financial institutions)
- Companies who process electronic payments (ACH payments specifically)
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. Donna is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing specifically ACH electronic payments, then scheduling the training events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences). Donna has over 24 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience …