If you are working from home or managing people working remotely, you may be frustrated or overwhelmed coping with new technology and an unprecedented situation. Even if you have worked this way in the past, the added pressures of the COVID-19 pandemic add to distraction, stress, burnout, and lack of engagement among team members. Communication, collaboration, and team cohesion are more important than ever. Enhance the skills you need to thrive in this environment and be ready to take the lessons learned and improved approaches with you when you return to your usual workspace.
- Conduct productive online meetings
- Improve engagement of your team
- Eliminate bad meeting habits
- Increase innovation, flexibility, and creativity
- Focus on results and taking action
- Improve teamwork and interaction
- Increase team productivity
As a result of this program you will be able to:
Why Should You Attend?
Today, like millions around the planet, you are using platforms designed to maximize group interaction and participation. If you've used such platforms before, you may be ahead of the curve. If you are not familiar with them, you may be on a steep learning curve. Either way, now is a chance to maximize the efficiency of your online meetings and develop practices you can use when things return to the "new normal." Bad meeting habits developed over years of attending poorly run live or virtual meetings can be a disaster during the disruptions caused by COVID-19. Learn the best practices to conduct the meetings efficiently and effectively, accomplish your goals, and get results. In this time of crisis, you cannot afford to operate at anything less than optimal facilitation and participation skills. At the same time, you must be ready for the inevitable technical glitches and be ready to be flexible and calm.
- What you need to optimize a virtual meeting – Simple Steps
- Incorporate best practices from the world of live meetings
- Unique features and best practices in online meetings
- Security issues
- The myth of multitasking
- In the era of COVID-19, integrating caring and compassion
- Constructing agendas to focus on results and take action
- Rules your meeting must follow so it doesn't get off track
- The Top "Must Do's" for your virtual meeting
- Meeting evaluation and continuous improvement
- Integrating lessons learned and flexibility into both virtual and live meetings in the future
- Use a meeting scorecard. How does your meeting rate?
Who will benefit?
- Managers, Supervisors, and Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Boards of Directors
- All employees, whether working remotely or not
- Employees and managers working remotely for the first time or with limited experience with online meetings
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D., and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc. works with leaders and their organizations to Increase your bottom-line results through strategic leadership, engaged employees, and delighted customers in all economic sectors. Draw on her proven ability to mentor you through major change, customizing successful solutions to your complex issues. For over 25 years, Rebecca has contributed value as an executive, manager, educator, and consultant, honored on four continents. She is a Ph.D. in organizational development, a National Speakers Association Legacy Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering Academy Foreign Member and author of books on strategic leadership and planning.