As New York is the first state to pass legislation on paid family leave, the learning curve is tremendous. This webinar will help you understand the definition of New York State paid family leave and how it will impact your organization. The webinar will also discuss the process for filing, pending changes, and its association with the FMLA.
- Pending changes
- Overview of penalties
- FMLA - cause and effect relationship with respect to your organization
Why Should You Attend?
- The definition of NYS paid leave
- How it will impact your organization
- 2019 and the rollout of the leave
- Upcoming changes
- It is correspondence to FMLA and other leave
- NYS paid leave legislation - what it means for your organization?
- Process and impact to your organization - how will it work?
- Significant legislation
- Process for filing
Who will benefit?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Non-Profit Administrators
- General Managers
- Office Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Labor Unions
- Professors, Instructors, Trainers
Matthew Burr has over ten years of experience working in the human resources field, starting his career as an Industrial Relations Intern at Kennedy Valve Manufacturing to most recently founding and managing a human resource consulting company; Burr Consulting, LLC. He specializes in labor and employment law, conflict resolution, performance management, employee relations and work with labor unions. Matthew also has a generalist background in HR and provides strategic HR services to his clients, focusing on small and medium sized organizations. Matthew will be starting as an Associate Professor of Management at Elmira College in July 2017. Matthew is the …