Certain business owners will be eligible for a twenty percent reduction in taxable net profits earned in 2018. The legislation which is part of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2018 applies to stakeholders in partnerships, S-Corporations, sole proprietors and individuals who own and manage real estate rental property. This webinar will review the overall framework of new IRC Section 199A, its limitations, opportunities and planning considerations for 2018 and 2019.
Key learning objectives of this topic are to provide business owners with knowledge which will allow them to :
This webinar will provide attendees with (1) information on how to qualify for a twenty percent reduction in business profit and (2) how to apply the quantitative tools needed to fully utilize a related tax deduction.
The following areas will be covered during the session:
• Comparison of old and new income tax rates for businesses and individuals
• Overview of the framework of the new Section 199A legislation
• Understanding the math related to Section 199A legislation
• Tips on how to restructure your business to manage Section 199A legislation
• Limitations and benefits related to real estate rental property owners and how to manage them
• Limitations related to service and non-service businesses and how to manage them
• Tax facts related to business restructuring under IRC Section 355 (spin-offs) and 351 (business capitalization).
Those interested in this seminar should be:
• Active business owners invested in partnerships, S-corporations, sole proprietors and real estate rental property owners.
• Silent investors in partnerships, S-corporations, sole proprietors and real estate rental property owners.
• CPAS, lawyers, Enrolled Agents Admitted to Practice Before the IRS, Corporate Controllers, Tax Directors, Accountants.
• All service industries that operate as either S-Corporations, partnerships or sole proprietors
• All non-service industries that operate as either S-Corporation, partnerships or sole proprietors.
• Tax Director, Tax Manager, Supervisor, Senior Tax Consultant
• Accounting Manager
• Accountant, Senior accountant
• Accounts Payable Manager
• Chief Executive Officer
• Cash Manager
• Real Estate Consultants, Brokers, Lessors
• Payroll and Benefits Coordinator, Supervisor, Manager
• Investment Representative, Insurance Brokers, Life Insurance Salesperson
Mr. E. Pete Lewis is a principal at Lewis & Associates Tax Planning, Inc., (LATP) in St. Charles, Illinois. He is a CPA and Enrolled Agent Admitted to Practice Before the IRS. He organized LATP in 2008 after spending 30 years working in tax management positions for Chicago area law firms, public accounting firms and corporations. Mr. Lewis is also an Adjunct Professor at DePaul University’s School of New Learning and University of Phoenix Business School, Chicago on-ground campus. LATP provides tax planning, compliance, IRS debt resolution and audit representation before federal and state tax authorities.