This webinar will go through every section of the revised FFIEC Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Examination Manual to highlight changes and areas where banks should review their internal policies, processes, and procedures for compliance. Understanding these changes will keep you prepared and updated for your next BSA/AML examination.
- Exam Best Practices
- Overview of FFIEC Examination Manual
- Recent changes to the FFIEC Examination Manual
Why Should You Attend?
The agencies that comprise the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) released an update of the FFIEC Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Examination Manual. The revised manual provides current guidance on risk-based policies, procedures, and processes for banking organizations to comply with the BSA and safeguard operations from money laundering and terrorist financing.
This webinar will go section-by-section of the manual to highlight areas where banks should review their internal policies, processes and procedures to ensure they are in compliance and discuss changes to BSA requirements.
- AML Risk Assessment
- BSA/AML Compliance Program
- Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Customer Due Diligence/Enhanced Due Diligence (CDD/EDD)
- Suspicious activity and currency transaction reporting
- Foreign correspondent accounts and recordkeeping
- International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments Reporting (CMIR)
- Bulk shipments of currency
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions and third-party service providers
- Prepaid access
- Third-party payment processors
- Embassy, foreign consulate, and foreign mission accounts
- Non-Bank Financial Institutions
- Cash Intensive Businesses
- Non-Governmental Organizations and Charities
Who will benefit?
- BSA/AML Compliance Officers at banks and MSBs
- Front line BSA/AML staffs
- Internal and Independent auditors
- Bank and MSB Staff with Roles and Responsibilities in BSA/AML Management and oversight
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Consultants in the AML/BSA Industry specializing in MSBs
Justin brings over 20 years of wide-ranging experience in compliance, training, and regulation in the financial services sector. Most recently, he served as Head of Compliance Training at Bank of China, where he led the compliance training function and created and monitored the annual training plan through a thorough training needs analysis. Previously, he served as Macquarie Group’s Head of Americas Compliance Training and J.P. Morgan Chase’s compliance training manager. He also worked for FINRA, a US regulator, where he created Examiner University to train examiners on how to perform their function.